August saw the best of times and the worst of times. We began August 1st with yearly checkups for the girls that resulted in a fever for Maria, it wiped her out for the majority of the week. Then, as she got better, I came down with a viral thing that made me wish I had strep throat. I was so exhausted Friday I fell asleep twice while playing with the girls on their bedroom floor and then the sore throat that just wouldn't quit. That took a good week to get through. And then we come to the best of times! A long weekend in Jefferson visiting with high school friends that I rarely see yet adore as if it were just yesterday we were-well I don't know what exactly we did that was so great but it was.
Maria wore her fairy attire, a late birthday present from Aunt Tina. I picture her performing in "A Midsummer Night's Dream" at some point.
Hanging out on the porch, enjoying artichoke dip among other things!
We had a fire in the fire pit and for some reason all the kids tackled Carrie. Later at night we laid on the grass by the fire and counted the stars as they appeared. We got to seven and the mosquitos drove us in.
The next day we met the Gagnons and the McCabes at Jefferson Beach for some swim time.
Thirty years ago this was Molly and I.
On Tuesday we went to Trattoria Athena for dinner! I don't remember exactly how my dish went together but it was ravioli and it involved salt cod, fennel pollen, ricotta, corn, sun gold tomatoes, garlic scapes-it was amazing. And here's the chef!
Happy 5th anniversary to Paul and I. I brought Carrie the zinnias in memory of her bouquet when she was my maid of honor.
No comments:
Post a Comment