A couple of good knitting sessions got a couple of projects wrapped up. Last summer Maria, Estella and I dyed yarn with Kool-Aid. Each girl did their own batch and I finally knitted up mittens using the yarn.
I also took out and reknit a hat that I made for Maria a few years ago. The hat had come out well but was too shallow and kept slipping off of their heads so I pulled it out down to the decreases and added an inch and a half to it.
In first grade the students were studying space and space night was held at school last week. All of the projects were on display in the first grade class rooms. Maria's class created aliens, Maria's is named "Red Hair".
Yesterday was in the mid 40s, sunny and melty. Today started with a brief snow squall and is much colder. If you're inside, the sun still feels warm though. The cats are enjoying the sun from their new play/sleep structure.
Estella started tumbling a couple weeks ago and she's into every part of it. Her favorite so far is the trampoline and jumping into the foam block bin.
Sunday, March 16, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment