Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving






It's so nice to visit family but it's always nice to return home. We spent four very busy days up in Maine for the holiday. Day one, 24 people for Thanksgiving dinner. Maria ate four kernels of corn and yogurt. She was was happy, as long as Mama was within arms reach and even played Apples to Apples for an hour after her nap with me. Here are a couple of pictures of the diners.
I don't remember exactly which day it was but Paul kept Maria busy for awhile with his own brand of entertainment.

On Thursday night Paul and I went to the movies and saw Twilight with my niece Sarah, nephew Austen and Austen's cousin Jeremiah. I was pleased with the movie-I thought they did a pretty good job. By the way Breaking Dawn is on my Christmas list if anyone out there is wondering. On Friday Paul, myself, Sarah and Tina went Christmas shopping. I know what you're thinking but it was fun-there were not many people, no lines, no traffic. Of course we didn't go to the mall nor did we go at 4 am for the super duper sales. I don't know exactly what Maria did on Friday-I'm sure there are pictures but what happens with the grandparents sometimes stays with the grandparents. We bought Maria paint while shopping

which she had a great time with and which was good preparation for icing all of these cookies with a paint brush. She iced the table, her sleeves and my jeans in the process.

This morning I hauled down more of my old Little People toys for her to play with and cleaned them up. I'm so glad Mom and Dad's attic has held all of my old toys for her to play with.





1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh my god, the Little People Carousel! I haven't seen one of those in 20 years! Good job, Moodys.