Saturday, March 14, 2009

End of the trimester




There is a certain sense of relief that comes with the end of a marking period.  As crazy as the last week is with after school help sessions, extra hours of grading last minute papers and the parent emails to make sure they know their child is receiving a failing grade, the weekend after is equally as relaxing.  No school work comes home.  Today we did things like taking down the Christmas wreath, packing away Maria's nativity set, cleaning her high chair, sweeping behind the couch and tomorrow's equally exciting and way beyond time task of taking Valentine cards off of the fridge.  We also had the first BBQ of the season today, a thrown together at the last minute soiree with the Miskinis', Mannings and Susanne.  Hayden and Maria were climbing on the cat's scratching post and I the picture I've been trying to get of Maria I got of Hayden instead.



No comments: