Sunday, January 24, 2010

The day before Los Reyes

I am taking too long to post our trip to Spain, and Michelle couldn't wait anymore to post. So this post is more like a flashback.
It's the day before Los Reyes, and we have a plan to go to Faunia (a small zoo with 8 buildings, each with an ecosystem) with Nacho, Rebe, and Grandpa. We needed to get up early, but Maria had been sleeping until Noon everyday so far, so I used the trick Michelle told me the night before. I simply whispered in her ear "do you want to see polar bears and penguins". That did it, she was up in a flash and first one ready.
During the whole car ride to Faunia, she kept on saying "what that lady say", and I kept on answering "it is Grandpas TomTom giving him directions". I turned off the volume on the way back.
So we finally get into the zoo and the first thing that catches my eye are some groundhogs peeking at us from their burrows and a few others roaming the walkways like they own the place. To my surprise, Maria wanted to feed them, and to my greater surprise, she did just that.

It took awhile to feed them because there were several ducks competing for the food and chasing the groudhogs away. Maria fixed that by sticking her hands out at the ducks and saying, well, more like shouting "You share". After we fed them Maria remembered about the polar bears and penguins, so we headed to the South Pole. Well, I should have done my research because there were no bears just penguins. I think Maria is still a bit mad at me.















We saw a lot of animals and Maria like most of them, although she did not like the jungle area, but it wasn't the animals it was that, in here words "it's stinky in here".

After a short nap in the car and a good lunch that Yaya made, we needed to go shopping for food. So once again we dragged Maria out into the city, but by the end of the trip I think she had enough.

No comments: