Sunday, January 24, 2010

I don't have a good excuse

I have been slacking in keeping up the blog and I don't really have a good excuse except that I'm on Facebook all the time. And that's a lame excuse. We've been having a really great winter. I know I shouldn't say this but -knock on wood-we've been really healthy which is a refreshing change to last year at this time. A friend of mine started up a knitting group that right now is meeting once a week in Epping and it's great fun and a great motivator to get something accomplished on my three year old knitting project. Paul and Maria are going to start swim lessons next Saturday, the start has been delayed a couple of weeks due to a pool malfunction and something else. Paul's been working overtime occasionally and keeping up with all the snow that's falling on the driveway, he hasn't bought a snowblower yet. Today I am a little more than 15 weeks pregnant and the time is flying! Soon we'll know whether it's a boy or a girl and I feel like I'm not even paying attention. The next thing I know we'll have two and I'll wish I could remember what it was like to be pregnant. We have several friends having babies in the first half of this year so it's exciting to be able to share the excitement of the second crop with other people. This is a picture of me at 12 weeks, we're trying our best to document just like we did for Maria
These pictures are from sometime this month. Paul installed the pull up bar he got for Christmas and I think Papa and Maria were supposed to be cleaning off the car when they took this one.
Maria took this one with the new camera we got for Christmas
And being in second trimester it's all about food for me. Paul made me an omlette just like my mom would make.
Today Eilah brought her mom and dad, Shawn and Rick, over for brunch. Maria helped me made quiche and we had fresh pineapple, strawberries and clementines alongside. I went to the gym this morning and was in a rush to get the quiche put together and so told Maria she couldn't help me roll out the crust because "I'm in a hurry and it's not working out very well". That made her sad and then when she told Paul that he couldn't do something with her because she was in a hurry and too busy I said- "Fine. No longer in a hurry that's no fun, you finish rolling out this crust." I'm horrible at pie crust anyway, she couldn't possibly do much more damage.

No comments: