Friday, January 2, 2009
"No" is the new yes.
Happy New Year! It was a quiet beginning for us, but enjoyable nonetheless, from the comfort of our cozy bed. It has been windy and bitter cold here and we've been inside despite the fine layer of snow outside. Maria is speaking non stop now and she has discovered the power of "No" and gone are the days of peaceful agreement to everything I say. That is unless you ask her multiple times in which case her answer may change to "Uh huh" and she nods in agreement. It's like the character in "Austin Powers" who tells you the truth after you ask him three times. Beyond what she says she understands so much it's mind blowing. Today I actually gave her directions, completely in Spanish, to go to her room and bring me her jacket because we were leaving and she stunned me by actually doing it. It creeps up on you, their knowledge. She can identify at least ten body parts, and at least that many animals, in both languages.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good Work Maria!! I love the little words! The last pic of Paul and Maria sleeping is very sweet!
Wow! She is bilingual! Impressive! And I agree that photo of them sleeping is great!
Post a Comment