The baby seems happily clueless and for awhile today I sat on the couch watching my belly leap and lurch and she rejoiced in the lunch I had just eaten. Maria has been so kind, playing around me with Paul, letting me be entertained while allowing me to be still and just watch. She brings me my heating pad and last night, after I read one book with her and Paul, she leaned over and kissed me, said "Goodnight Mama" and dismissed me from the room to rest. Here, in the middle of the one Advil dose that I have allowed myself, we were singing ABC's. (I'll come back and post the video soon!)
Sunday, April 11, 2010
ABCD...
This weekend has not been a particularly good one for me. On Thursday night my jaw started to ache and by Friday afternoon Tylenol wouldn't touch the pain. After talking through symptoms with an on call nurse, the dentist and the obstetrician we concluded it was a sinus infection from a residual cold affecting nerve endings of my teeth and jaw-something I've experienced before. Saturday noontime I started antibiotics and it's been a weekend of doing what I can with heat packs and multiple Grey's Anatomy episodes to get me through the hours. Today I feel that Tylenol is controlling the pain (although I'd like to exceed the dosing guidelines) and while Maria went with the Miskinis' to play all morning I napped and Paul cooked and cleaned. Hopefully by tomorrow with 48 hours of antibiotics things will have improved even more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment