Friday, April 30, 2010

April vacation

Maria and I just got back from three days in Jefferson with my parents while Paul stayed home to work and to work on his Murphy bed for the bedroom downstairs. We had highly variable weather conditions but we kept busy. We didn't seem to accomplish much but we were really busy somehow. Maria saw 10:00 pm a couple of nights and I still can't figure out why. A couple of my goals were to start on matching sweaters for Maria and Baby Sister for Christmas pictures. I know, I know but I start my Christmas shopping early too, and you never know what might sideline your progress down the road. Mom and I, mostly Mom, also got some mattress covers sewn up, some for our co-sleeper and some for co-sleepers and mats at Maria's daycare. Other than that we had no agenda! So here's what we got accomplished: Two family dinners, pizza on Tuesday and Chinese food on Thursday-both homemade and with homemade whoopie pies too. Maria got her first hair cut, a trim really, at the new place in town Jefferson. She's been wanting to get a hair cut since she watched Paul get his done.
Kim took pictures of Maria, Maria and I, and some of me by myself on Wednesday. I can't post any of them until I choose ones I like and Kim retouches and perfects them. Thursday Maria and I bought pansies for Mom and Dad for their anniversary last week and on the way home from Moose Crossing stopped at a small family farm to admire their sheep, chickens, pigs and horse. We bought some eggs and beeswax lip balm there too! This was the day it alternated rain, snow and hail and sun in 20 minute increments all day.
Today was finally a nice day with a strong breeze to keep the black flies away. Today was the day we actually planted the flowers we bought in the warmth of the greenhouse. Maria took some breaks to pull worms out of the compost pile with Dzadek and then Dzadek took her for a tractor ride- "We drove right through the mud!" is what Maria had to say about it. After a lunch of homemade macaroni and cheese, brautwurst on the grill and green beans (Maria won the green bean eating contest) Maria requested "Those oval things with words on them" for dessert- Starburst jellybeans. How many? "This many! (holding up fingers on each hand) One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight!". Now we're home with the weekend before us! We need to post several videos but here are some pictures.

No comments: