Thursday, May 1, 2008

Three muskateers

I titled this "Three muskateers" because I wasn't sure how to spell "stoodges". Eilah and Hayden came over for an afternoon get together-oh yeah their Moms came too! All three girls have their birthdays within a week of one another and it's so interesting to see how different they are. Eilah is an independent stander, Hayden is an independent crawler and Maria-well she's an independent eater. Although she's not eating in the pictures, she's trying to suck the pom pom off of a toy.

She has turned a big corner in eating onto eating-chunks-of-food-street. So far she's fed herself Oatie-os and once, today, half a garbanzo bean. But she's eaten pieces of mozzarella cheese, cooked carrot, pear and banana. I think she doesn't like the texture of the other foods in her hand. Meals take quite a bit more time now, which is good because today was day two of Mama and Maria home alone together all day, a little precursor of summer vacation. It takes a day or two to shift gears into 24/7 baby mode and out of work mode but now that I've made the transition it's going to be hard to go back to school and not be with her all day. Babies are much less tiring when you haven't worked all day! Imagine that!
Two asides. I have links to two new blogs listed over to the right, Elaine's saga of getting her book published is in Elaine's book blog and then the saga of Hayden is narrated in The Miskinis'.

No comments: