Sunday, July 13, 2008

Brushing teeth

We're trying to get into a routine of teeth brushing so that it becomes a good habit. I get to brush her six teeth for about ten seconds before she takes over, hopefully some good comes of it.

Did you notice a glint in Maria's ears? We got them pierced last weekend in time for her first birthday. She took it really well and hasn't really been playing with them too much. Since the ear piercing however we have been searching for our sweet little baby, I think the earrings have given her a little bit of a teenage attitude. We have had back arching tantrums when things are taken away or someone other than Mama holds her or it's time for a nap. We're hoping it's the pain of a new tooth coming in and not a personality change otherwise I think we will become "those" people in the grocery store/restaurant/mall with the screaming kid.

5 comments:

WildRose said...

I think it is called Turning into a toddler!!!!!
I know it was a bit of an ajustment for us as well!!!

WildRose said...

adjustment....

HLN said...

I felt funny brushing those little baby teeth too, but Monet now brushed her own and loves the Burt's Bees children's toothpaste....don't have to spit it.

And her ears are cute! Don't know how you did it, but cute.

Sarah n' John said...

I love the pic of her brushing her teeth. It is never to early to start a great habit!

Elaine said...

Just as long as your sweet girl isn't learning the fine art of tantrums from our little back archer. ;)

By the way, I love the ears!