Maria and I went to Target this morning to check out other potty options and I ended up handing her a purple Lamby-like toy to occupy her until I had gathered everything I needed. Last time we went to Target we bought one for Zoey and after she fell asleep with it I managed to slip it away and she never remembered. Not so today. When she started to stir from her nap I picked it out of her crib and replaced it with her regular Lamby before her eyes opened. Still, as she gathered her old Lamby to her she called out for the other and started looking around for it. Now there are two Lambies to keep track of and lose and worry over every bedtime. Only new Lamby doesn't have a secret twin that we can count on to bail us out in an emergency.
Sunday, May 31, 2009
The tale of two Lambies on the potty
This morning Maria went pee on the potty for the first time. This was entirely self directed. Saturday night, dressed in her pajamas, she ran to the bathroom yelling "Pee pee!" and insisted on sitting on the regular potty-so I brought hers up this morning. She was really excited about it and after getting up and down and checking it out actually made a deposit-and then stuck her hand in it to be sure it was there-and then almost started crying when I flushed it down the toilet. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment