Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Baby Sprinkle

This past weekend Maria and I went to Maine for a Baby Sprinkle to celebrate the arrival of Baby Sister. A Sprinkle is- well here's the inside of the invitation, sorry the print is small:
The weather up there this weekend left a lot to be desired except for the three hours of the actual celebration when the sun came out and warmed things up quite a lot. I wasn't sure if I would have any sort of a party for this baby but it was so nice to celebrate and to focus on the soon to be arrival instead of school or household business and to have conversation outside that which concerns everyday matters of school or household.
On top of great company we had a fabulous cake, a reproduction of mine and Paul's favorite layer of our wedding cake from Sweet Sensations-chocolate cake with lemon curd filling and butter cream frosting-Paul's surprise to me.
Maria got lots of big sister presents too, clothes for the summer, a new bathing suit and sun hat, and a couple of new puzzles which she is very into right now. Maria is so lucky that her cousins were there to play with her and I had a nice time visiting with my sisters and my parents although Dad is understandably absent from the Baby Sprinkle day pictures. In fact he was probably outside on his tractor fixing the moat around the house from a new water line being laid.
Upon arriving home after driving through the worst thunderstorm ever on 95 (I guess there were tornado warnings) Maria helped me de-tag baby clothes and then dig all of her itty bitty baby clothes out of the storage bins in preparation for washing. That night as Paul and Maria read books in her room I cleaned the changing table and stocked it with newborn diapers and new wipes and even put some things into the diaper bag. Paul suggested that I think of putting aside some things for the hospital but I don't want to be too prepared-then the baby might decide to come early.

No comments: