
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Knitted novelties
Every Monday night I meet up with a great group of ladies to knit and chat. They have been great motivation to get more knitting projects done and are also a wealth of knowledge. I'm almost done with my first pair of socks thanks to Nicolle's instruction and with Marjorie's help one night I realized that I had knit the shaping for the collar and the arm hole of a sweater on the same side. We meet at Starbuck's and often there are balls of yarn and books, patterns, needles, measuring tapes and one night wedding albums strewn amongst the cups of coffee, tea and pastries. Last night the ladies surprised me with a special gift for Baby Sister, a basket of hand knitted gifts. "Ellie", the pink elephant knitted in honor of "Ellie" from "Pocoyo" and the nickname we plan on using for Baby Sister, was made by Nicolle. The sweater, featuring a pink elephant button, was made by Sara, and the blanket's squares, whose colors pull together all the pieces, were knitted and put together by Marjorie, Margaret and a couple others in the group. It is the most thoughtful gift that we have received for Ellie and the basket full is in my car so I can show it off to people. Thanks ladies! You really made my day!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment