Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Deerfield Lake

The humid air has cleared out and although it's pretty warm outside it's breezy and much more tolerable. This morning Maria and I went to a lake in Deerfield to swim with Eilah and Eilah's friend Sedoni (sorry if I butchered the spelling). The water was clear and refreshing and the sun was hot. I walked out up to my arm pits in water holding Maria and we looked at the cloud shapes in the sky for a while and then talked about what all the other people were doing in the water and on the beach. The buoyancy of the water made Maria and my belly feel weightless and it felt nice to let the cold water penetrate all the sticky humidity of last night out of my bones. After about an hour and a half Maria asked to go home, she had it all planned out. "I take a good nap in the car and then you carry me to my bed to sleep more and when I wake up we'll make popsicles!" I'm all in Maria, I'm all in.
Eilah, Sedoni and Maria

No comments: