Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Father's Day weekend

A couple weekends ago we had a little dinner party with the Pims.  It's about time we had them over to our new house!  Although Marjorie and I see each other pretty frequently the kids and the husbands rarely get to visit.  Emmet read to Maria out of his new book on the elements, it might have been titled Elements in fact.  They played marble run and set up the spy gadget and flew the helicopter.

Paul has been working in CT since Memorial Day weekend.  He has made it home for one of the weekend days each week including Father's Day weekend.  On Saturday of that weekend the girls and I went on an adventure in search of strawberries.  I wanted to do pick your own but this year a lot of places have canceled pick your own on account of low flower pollination.  Apparently there will not be a large strawberry crop this year.  At Emery Farm we fed handfuls of grass to the donkeys, goats and chickens and the girls chose ring pops as a treat.

We then went to the Dairy Bar at UNH for lunch and ice cream.  We checked out the wildcat statue and ran across the turf field in front of the field house.

On Father's Day the girls gave Paul his gifts.  Maria had made a bookmark at school and Stella had made him a rubber glove filled with sand at the library.  I think it was supposed to be a homemade stress ball.  After breakfast we went to Lowe's and bought a BBQ and then Paul got to put his gift together for the afternoon!  Funny, I don't have one picture of the father for Father's Day.





No comments: