Monday, June 24, 2013

Kindergarten Field Day

Yesterday we went over to Susanne's to swim in her pool.  As hesitant as Estella was at swim lessons last week she was all about jumping in and swimming and squirting yesterday.  Hopefully today at lessons she can overcome her shyness and trust her teacher.  Maria is exactly the opposite.  Her and I were racing from the shallow end of the pool to the deep end on the boogie boards and she didn't think she was going fast enough so she dropped the board so she could use her arms and legs.  By the end of the summer she's going to be diving I think.  Today her and Hayden were talking about seeing who could swim underwater the farthest.

Today I volunteered for Maria's kindergarten Field Day, basically an assortment of games and relay races outside.  First I was the turn around point for the egg and spoon race which they played with hard boiled eggs.  After being dropped a couple of times the hard boiled eggs broke apart and the yolks popped out of the egg white so it was an egg yolk and spoon race.  Then I passed out water at snack, was in charge of the bubbles station and handed out popsicles.  We were thankful for a breeze to keep us cool on such a hot day.



No comments: