Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wading pool Olympics

Yesterday the Miskinis girls came over to leap into the wading pool in the front yard one by one.

Elaine and I sorted hand me down clothes on the front step while they played.  Then they got cold all of a sudden and we all wrapped in towels and rushed inside.  The little ones went upstairs to be dried off and redressed.  Maria and Hayden were left up to their own devices downstairs.  Fastforward 15 minutes when I hear our front door opening and call out to Maria from upstairs to see what's going on.  "Marie's here Mom!".  Marie was delivering Tupperware to us.  Picture yourself in Marie's shoes.  You come up the stairs to see shoes and wet clothes scattered all over the lawn.  There's a pool of muddy water, garbage bags on the front steps and your greeted by a NAKED five year old with not a mother in sight.  As the door opens you hear the screams of children from inside the house and I come rushing downstairs shooing Maria up the stairs to put clothes on.  At least it wasn't the first time we had met.

No comments: